VLP Week 2 (1/23/26).

    Hello everyone, this is now week 2 for my internship with UCF’s veteran’s legacy program. Even though I am still very early in my time at the VLP I feel this week has made me much more familiar with what I will be doing and what the work will be like for this internship. On Tuesday I attended my first weekly meeting where I got the chance to meet as well as introduce myself to the rest of the VLP team, it’s a relatively small team which I like and overall the mood for the meeting was fairly casual which helped me feel a little more comfortable during the meeting. To tell the truth, I was a little nervous at first, this was my first time ever attending a meeting like this and I honestly felt a little out of my depth at first, but as mentioned previously, the small team size and overall casual atmosphere meant that in time I had grown more comfortable, and overall I felt like this meeting did a really good job of making it more clear to me what type of work I can expect.


Another thing that I am happy to announce is that I have finally started working on my first real project with the VLP, which as I mentioned in last week’s post is transferring the biographies of veterans from the VLP website to the VLM website. It involves taking the biographies and then formatting them into new pdfs. On Wednesday I completed my first pdf, and even though I have only scratched the surface with this project I can see that I have my work cut out for me. And while this first project may not exactly be the most exciting thing in the world, nevertheless I am happy to be working on it and am excited to continue working on it throughout the next couple weeks.


The final thing I want to bring up is during Tuesday's meeting we discussed further the work myself and the other interns will be doing for the Museum of Military History in Kissimmee, which as mentioned in the previous post is what I am most excited for. It seems that I will be scanning and digitizing documents held by the museum and we worked out a schedule which will have me going to the museum on Wednesdays. Hopefully I will be able to start work there next week but either way I’ll be working there soon. 


That’s all I have for this week, I hope everyone has a good weekend and I’ll see you next week.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VLP Blog Week 1 (1/16/26).

VLP Week 15 (4/24/2026).

VLP week 13 (4/10/2026)